Updated: May 10
Ever noticed that you have more ideas when you are happy? You are not alone.
Think back to the last time you had a good idea, can you remember what you were doing before hand? Chances are you felt fairly positive at the time it occurred to you.
We all need ideas to thrive. Even if we don't act on all of them, it can lead into something else.
Image @brucemars via Unsplash
5 ideas for making yourself happier right now
1) Have a chat- If you work from home you've probably noticed that isolation can make you feel down. Talking to someone else is often all you need to feel happier.
2) Listen to something you like - I love the productivity tips podcast by Laura Vanderkam 'Before Breakfast' Laura gives 5 minute tips every day on ways to get more done.
3) Get active - Go for a walk, put on some music and have a kitchen disco, whatever it is just move. I have had some of my best ideas ever during walks around the block.
4) Eat or drink something delicious - If you are a fan of caffeine then just the thought of drinking your morning coffee can make you happy. Add in a walk to the coffee shop and the endorphins and Vitamin D are an added bonus! If you are in the mood for a slice of lovely cake then why not! (A) You will love eating it (B) The smell, the look of it, and choosing which one you want is all going to make you happy too.
5) Do a daily declutter mission - Yes, getting rid of things makes you feel better and creates more space, which can help you feel more in control. Win Win! Thanks for reading!
Singing for my Supper
If you enjoyed reading this article and maybe others I've written, found a tip that worked for you or learned something new, it would be great if you'd consider sending me the price of a cup of coffee :) https://www.paypal.me/thanksforreading/2.50
What to read next
Shona Chambers Marketing is a Marketing Agency based in Nunhead near Peckham. Specialising in helping Small Business Owners and Freelancers with their Marketing. Based at 61 Cheltenham Road, Peckham, SE15 3AF