Updated: Sep 26
Getting enough enquiries for your business is critical to success, without enquiries you can't convert to sales.
It's no good being an amazing sales person if you're just not getting people through to your website or inbox.
So how can you influence the number of people who do decide to consider buying from you?
Here are 5 ways that you can take a step towards influencing that outcome today.
1. My first suggestion is to review all of the content you are putting out. Do you think that it clearly explains to your customer who you are and what you offer? If not, go back and update it with your customer in mind. Think about who your ideal customer is, and then write as though you were talking to them
2. Create an obvious point of difference. Some people also call this a USP ( unique sales or selling point) for example if you are a workspace with a creche, then you clearly want to target parents so make sure that this is communicated clearly.
3. Think about your audience and then look for some directories to join. Directories can be a great shortcut to new customers. If you offer family services then a company like Parents in Biz who offer a great directory may be for you. There are lots of others. Pay attention to your niche and then look around for the best place to list.
4. If you haven't already joined Google My Business then do. This is a free business listing service from Google that works on several levels to help your business stand out to customers.
The primary way it works is to list your business to customers looking for the service you offer.
It also shows your customer where to find you on a map, and if you attract customer reviews (just ask people to review you there) the highest ranking companies come up higher in search results, and customers can also filter on how many stars you achieve. People can choose to only see 4 star and higher businesses for example.
5. Work the room! Make sure that anyone you have in your network knows what you do, and what you are looking to attract customer wise. You will jump straight to the front of the line with a personal recommendation, so make sure to consider the human element in your marketing efforts too.
I hope this has given you a few new ideas today.
Thanks for reading!
Would you like more help with your marketing? My new book is out now
If you would like a book of 100 Marketing Tips written just for small business owners then do have a look here. I wrote this book to be easy to read cover to cover or to be kept as a reference to dip in and out of!
What to read next
Shona Chambers Marketing is a Marketing Agency based in Nunhead near Peckham. Specialising in helping Small Business Owners and Freelancers with their Marketing. Based at 61 Cheltenham Road, Peckham, SE15 3AF